Active Week 2018
Active Week was a tremendous success again this year and we would like to thank all children, parents and teachers that contributed to its success in 2018!
In particular we would like to thank:
• Lakeside Health & Fitness Centre- Joey & Michael
• Lake District Athletics Club- Joan & Pauline
• Murphy Moore Academy of Irish Dance- Alan Murphy
• Ballinrobe Physiotherapy Clinic- Paula O’Neill
• Ballinrobe GAA Club- Patrick Kennedy
• Stephen Rochford- Mayo Manager
• Gerry Butler- Cycling
• Move It with Michelle(Hip Hop Dance)- Michelle Sarsfield
• Transition Year & 3rd Year Students- Ballinrobe Community School
• Claremorris Swimming Pool
All of these individuals/clubs/businesses came to our school or invited a class to their premises and taught a lesson to the children during Active Week.
• Nutritional Consulting West- Catherine Duignan
For giving such an informative and interesting talk on Healthy Eating to every class in the school.
Parents/Relations that gave up their time and came in and offered their expertise during the week were:
• Paddy & Marilyn McTigue- Jiving
• Grace O’Haire- Fitness
• Adrienne Gleeson- GAA
• Majella Forde- Soccer
• Siobhan O’Malley- Speed Agility
• Nicola Macken- GAA
• Kevin Donnellan- Circuits
• Declan Commins- Soccer
• Evelina Vainoriene- Yoga
• Elaine Treacy- GAA
We have an action packed timetable for the week ahead. Keep up to date by checking our Sports page or by checking our twitter account @stjosephsbrobe (also displayed on website)
See what's happening at school.